[nSLUG] USB storage hot-swap question

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Sat May 17 18:12:58 ADT 2008

I've tried stick reader and hub reader - I get some issues with kernel
freezing, but I think its a bug in the udev rules. (need some time to
troubleshoot).

The problem may be that the CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN may not be compiled
into the kernel.
Not sure if its available in 2.4 kernel.

I had some issues with CONFIG_BLK_DEV_UB being enabled, so I disabled
that and no more issues with device assignment.
Also, this CONFIG_USB_LIBUSUAL should be enabled as well.

See if you have a /proc/config.gz  - this may only be for 2.6 kernels
(there is an option now to save a copy of the config in the kernel)

I find udev/hal works much better than hotplug ever did.  :)

BTW, Slackware 12.1 is out.
I've been using the beta for a while, its worth the update, lots of
fixes and cleanup.

Rich