[nSLUG] Announcement: :nSLUG-talk Mailing List

Jeff Warnica jeff at coherentnetworksolutions.com
Thu Mar 13 10:38:23 ADT 2008

Could we perhaps have more clear guidelines on what goes where? I
generally think any measure of "technicalness" wont work; Linux of
course is not just about technology.

For example, discussing dealing with large FAT32 partitions is perhaps
"technical", but not really about Linux, but something I'm prepared to
wade through. Talking about moving to Nova Scotia is something I care
about very little  when remotely connected to technology. The
existence, creation, development, of OIS at http://opensource.org is
not at all technical, is only tangentially related to Linux, but
highly important. Unquestionably more important then one users
technical support question, or even talk about some kernel internals.

So what goes where? While one of the current threads isn't about
Linux, why have we morphed the definition of the list to be about
"very technical" discussions? After my very short hours long sample,
it would seem that I now have to subscribe to two lists, and get
chatter even further off topic.