[nSLUG] Announcement: :nSLUG-talk Mailing List

Jon Watson me at jonwatson.ca
Wed Mar 12 13:35:49 ADT 2008

Ladies and Gents,

As an outcome of yesterdays discussion about off-topic posts and related
issues, an nSLUG-talk mailing list has been brought to life.

I've updated the main wiki page so the mailing list link points to the
mailman page that lists all the nSLUG mailing lists rather than linking
directly to the main nSLUG list. Interested members can sign up for the talk
list at that link.

My hope is that the nSLUG-talk list will be used to discuss issues that are
of interest to Linux users, but perhaps of a less technical nature than the
main list. It will provide place for people to post lighter fare or have
non-technical discussions which may alleviate some of the off-topic stuff
being posted to the main list. It also provides a very simple means to
filter nSLUG-talk posts for those users who wish to do so as well as a
direction to 'nudge' users who are posting off-topic stuff to the main list.
I would classify the topic of the nSLUG-talk mailing list to be something
akin to "if it has the words Linux or Open Source in it, it's probably on
topic".

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

Jon