[nSLUG] Mad Penguin: Linux Gaming 2.0: Why More Linux Users Aren't Gamers

Jon Watson me at jonwatson.ca
Tue Mar 11 19:32:36 ADT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Paul <wes902 at gmail.com> wrote:

> In regards to your opening post you dropped in an article which is just an
> op-ed without any real technical merits. It's not really worth discussing on
> nSLUG as there's no conversation of the stumbling blocks, new API or
> standardization, or real world developers issues and how they get around
> problems. If you want to "discuss" topics like this, please keep it off list
> and try our IRC channel (for info see http://nslug.ns.ca/index.php/Irc )
>
> Please let this thread die, and respond to admin at nslug.ns.ca if you have
> further issues.

Seems like an unreasonable amount of ire to bring to a post that is actually
related to Linux. Given that there is only a single mailing list for the
nSLUG which is described thusly: "This E-mail list is used as a general
discussion board on broad range of topics from Linux support to indepth
discussion on kernel hacking." I can't see how posting this article could be
considered off topic.

However, as I've been proposing an nslug-talk mailing list all day, I would
be remiss if I didn't point out that having such a list dedicated to general
'talk' would give a home to discussions like this that irk members who are
here for more technical fodder.

Jon