[nSLUG] Readynas or Drobo Owners?

Scott Walsh scottwalsh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 15:55:36 ADT 2008

I'm using a DNS 323 from Dlink. It has an ARM processor, and you can fairly
easily run a debian on top of it to provide any services that debian can run
in userspace, with just some fairly simple  work(http://wiki.dns323.info/).
It only has a 2 drive capacity, which might turn you off it , but it can be
had for about $190 (
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=21719&vpn=DNS%2D323&manufacture=D%2DLink)
before drives. Drobo looks really cool, but it's just too expensive for me,
even before the network addon.

Scott