[nSLUG] Proposal NSLUG-TALK - OFFTOPIC

Jon Watson me at jonwatson.ca
Tue Mar 11 14:42:07 ADT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 2:37 PM, tyler <tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> I think informative subject lines and some form of sensible quoting
> within the messages themselves is likely the best compromise. It's
> pretty easy to recognise the threads that are off-topic to me, and I
> hope that the subjects for my posts are clear enough that others can
> ignore me when I'm saying something that's off-topic to them.

It's hard to write filters for things that may or may be off topic depending
on the subject matter.  It's also quite obvious over the past 24 hours that
some members cannot be counted on to exercise such judgment on their own.

If the second mailing list is too hard to muster, then I am in favour of
sticking an OT into the subject line of any posts that seem to be taking a
wild tangent.

Jon