[nSLUG] Proposal NSLUG-TALK

Jon Watson me at jonwatson.ca
Tue Mar 11 13:09:35 ADT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Joe Dunn <me at joedunn.com> wrote:

> The nylug also has a nylug-talk mailing group too, its nice, its used, but
> really, no one cares. Sure choose the list that you think is the best, but
> we're all interested in tech. What does it matter what mail goes? When
> ultimately we're more then likely receiving mail for both groups nslug and
> say nslug-talk.

 It's the assumption that everybody wants everything which is the problem. I
think you presume too much when you state that everyone will sub to both
which is precisely the mentality that is the root of the problem. It's about
providing a choice that is better than "all or nothing" between mailing
lists.

Jon