[nSLUG] Re: Provincial Rural/Remote Internet Project - Where's it really going?

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Sat Mar 1 02:17:25 AST 2008

Luke wrote:

> ...regular broadband access to people like me who have
> had to move out to the uber-deep boonies.

Or even the mittel boonies if there're only two or three houses on yer
gravel road.

> Does anyone know where this government-sponsored venture is really
> going...

Only rumor, and that is to the effect that they're going to do
something with wireless.   This:

    http://www.eastlink.ca/rural_broadband/

seems to confirm the rumor.  The time frame seems to be from RSN to
early next year.

As an aside and if it's any of my business, why were you *obliged* to
move to the uber-boonies?

- Mike

                                                           /V\