[nSLUG] Recording audio from a Vonage Box

Gerald linux at zdoit.airpost.net
Tue Jun 24 10:15:47 ADT 2008

Neskie Manuel wrote:
> Thanks for all the feedback.   I'll have to check a few things.
>
> This was the iptables command I was using.:
>
>    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ethX -j MASQUERADE
>
> As you notice it wasn't routing anything specifically to the Vonage
> boxes IP.  Could this be a problem?  Maybe not though since Gerald
> says otherwise.
>
> I'll look into it this afternoon.  Thanks for the help.
>
> -Neskie

Neskie,

I looked at the output of iptables-save and found a few lines which
might help. Slightly edited here:

iptables -t filter -A INPUT -d external-ip -i eth0 -p udp -m udp --dport
1024:65535 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

iptables -t filter -A INPUT -d external-ip -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport
1024:65535 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

Let me know if you want all of my iptables.

--
Gerald