[nSLUG] Recording audio from a Vonage Box

Neskie Manuel neskiem at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 16:13:34 ADT 2008

Weytk,

Here's a problem for all of you out there in LUG land.  I have a
laptop with two Ethernet cards.  I would like to have the laptop set
up as a router and have a vonage box hooked up to the internet.  This
is so the laptop can intercept the VOIP packets and I cold then record
the VOIP packets as audio.

I use Iptables and dnsmasq to share the internet.  The internet
sharing works for another laptop , but doesn't seem to work for the
vonage box.   I suspect some ports are blocked or packets are not
being forwarded to the vonage box or it could be that this setup is
not possible.

Of course the smart thing to do would be to dump vonage and get
something with more freedom, but I'm not doing that right now.

-Neskie