[nSLUG] another Linux Tutorial

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 09:00:53 ADT 2008

That URL should be .php, not .pnp.

"I once heard an author remark that when you are a child
you use a computer by looking at the pictures. When you
grow up, you learn to read and write. Welcome to Computer
Literacy 101. Now let's get to work."

I'm noticing many scientists who have been using Windows
since they first started using computers who are now
looking to live Linux distros because the corporate standards
in their workplace lock things down to the point that they can't
work efficiently (virus scans of large data files that take all day
to complete, new software must undergo lengthy vetting before
they can install it, etc.).

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 7:48 AM, David Buck <davebuck at eastlink.ca> wrote:
> An excellent Linux tutorial for newbies can be found at:
>
> www.linuxcommand.org/index.pnp
>
> At last, a current and constantly updated tutorial that explains Linux from
> the ground up along with a profusion of other interesting aspects of the os.

There are many tips that long-time linux users may find helpful.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia