[nSLUG] OT: Does Anyone Have An Extra PATA EIDE HDD Jumper

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Tue Jul 29 09:14:06 ADT 2008

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Michael Lauzon wrote:

> As the subject says: 'does anyone have an extra PATA EIDE HDD jumper',
> as I seem to have misplaced the one for this HDD, and need it because
> it's going to be a slave drive?

If it's the regular large size, there should be spares on your motherboard
you can steal. Alternatively you could just crimp together the pins on the
cable select jumper and let it auto-detect as slave or master as
appropriate.

If you're near a PC shop the quickest bet might be to ask if you can have
one - I'm sure they'd be free, even charging 2 cents would be more than a
100% markup... ;-)

Cheers... Dop.