[nSLUG] Best PCMCIA Wireless card for Linux which supports Packet Injection and maybe antenna

derek mahoney derekmahoe at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 08:41:26 ADT 2008

Donald,

I appreciate your response.

I did find that page you referenced and looked at some of the cards but found the list a little overwhelming. Like you said, I am more looking for an experienced second opinion.

And yes I understand that there is a fine line between curiosity and breaking the law. I can assure you that I am only doing this as research to help me better understand wireless security. The term hacker or hacking is often misrepresented in the public and media as a someone who has malicious intent or a criminal, when In fact the term hacker to me is someone who is passionate about a subject and is constantly trying to better understand it.

Also, another question I forgot to ask is if any knew a store around Halifax or Dartmouth that would specialize in selling good wireless stuff. I did check greenlyph and Mysterybyte but they seem to sell only airlink and such.

Thanks again.