[nSLUG] mozilla.com webserver down?

Adam Cox adam.undefined at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 09:38:23 ADT 2008

Hi Oliver,
I spent some time on the phone with Eastlink yesterday and discovered
the issue. If you manually change/add the following dns server it
should fix it.
24.222.0.75

To do this under Ubuntu (not sure if it would be different under a
non-Debian based distro) I added the following line to
/etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf

prepend domain-name-servers 24.222.0.75;

Then just restart your network connection.
sudo ifconfig eth0 down && sudo ifconfig eth0 up

Worked fine for me after that.

The tech support guy at Eastlink seemed pretty knowledgeable and said
he would forward this problem on to their network guys to investigate.

Adam