[nSLUG] Video Card Issues

Paul wes902 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 18:51:32 AST 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Matt Chamberlain <chamberlain2007 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I just hear the normal one beep, though it is after an abnormal pause when
> the card is in.

Built a PC for a friend the the exact same board, never had to touch the
BIOS to disable it (Factory defaults have it set to PCIE->PCI->IGP confirmed
on page 62 of the PDF or manual page 2-22).

I'd say pull the power cable and clear your BIOS (page 29 of the PDF manual
or 1-19 in the hard copy) and try it again. All 8600gt's have no 6pin PCI-E
power connector, your's is the same correct? And what wattage/brand is your
PSU?

Note:
PDF Manual is downloadable at
http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socketAM2/M2N-MX/e3548_M2N-MX.zip