[nSLUG] Video Card Issues

Bill Davidson billdavidson at eastlink.ca
Thu Jan 31 11:36:00 AST 2008

Hi:

Probably a silly question, but did you make any changes in the BIOS setup to use the new card?  I see the ASUS BIOS has a couple of settings: "Initiate Graphic Adapter" and "Primary Graphic Adapter".   The latter one in particular sets the priority for detecting adapters either to PCIE->PCI->IGP or IGP->PCI->PCIE.  I assume "IGP" means "Internal Graphics Adapter" or something like that, so perhaps if it is set to the latter then it stops after detecting the internal?

Anyway, I would try tweaking a few of those settings.  I note the MB allows you to change the PCIE bus speed -- you mat wat to make sure that is either "Auto" or a low speed at first.

Qusetion:  When the new adapter is in place, if you connect your monitor to the on-board do you get a signal there?