[nSLUG] Video Card Issues

Matt Chamberlain chamberlain2007 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 18:11:42 AST 2008

Hi there everyone.  This is not a Linux specific issue, but rather, a
suspected hardware one.  In September I bought a new system (Asus M2N-MX
motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ CPU, 1 GB RAM).  On Boxing Day I bought
a new EVGA e-GeForce 8600 GT SuperClocked 256MB video card.  I installed it
into the PCI-E slot in my computer, but no luck.  The fan started,
indicating that it had power, but no signal, and it wasn't recognized at all
in Ubuntu, or Windows.  I confirmed that the card does work on another
computer, but not this.  Any ideas?