[nSLUG] Good DSL Providers In NS...?

Paul wes902 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 14:18:19 AST 2008

 For the past three years (with various hardware on my personal link)
Eastlink has been shaping BitTorrent connection(s) to 400Kbit/s upstream (It
seems to be hard capped at 50KB/s) with somewhere in the region of 200-250
concurrent connections. It's generally around 1Mbit/s up for total bandwidth
but downstream torrents usually can run up to 8-10Mbit/s.

 Eastlink deployed something(name eludes me but its a hardware shaping
servers, perhaps mentioned before in the archives) around December
2004/January 2005 which caused havok with connections initially but has been
deployed across residental and business services.

 It's a small price to pay vs accesswave's old metered bandwidth.