[nSLUG] Good DSL Providers In NS...?

Eugene Cormier eugene.cormier at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 09:44:29 AST 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 09:03 -0400, Michael Lauzon wrote:

> There has got to be more than Aliant for DSL, as Aliant is a Bell
> company and Bell is not playing pretty with BitTorrent or any other
> P2P application.

Hi Michael, what do you mean....bittorrent works great on either Aliant
or Eastlink.....if you're refering to privacy, there is no network that
is going to protect your privacy with bittorrent....all you have to do
is connect to a torrent and voila .....every ip address is given.....so
if you want true P2P privacy you'll have to use something like AntP2P
(but I haven't heard anything from that project in a while....is it
dead??)

Eugene

PS. on Eastlink using Azureus on Ubuntu, I've seen download speeds of
over 1500kbs and upload speeds over 300kbs...I'm happy

> Michael
>
> On Jan 28, 2008 4:01 PM, Oliver Doepner <odoepner at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Michael Lauzon wrote:
> > > Does anyone know of a good DSL provider in NS, that does not do
> > > download/upload caps, etc?
> >
> > As far as I know we have two broadband monopolies in NS:
> > - Eastlink for cable
> > - Aliant for DSL
> >
> > Both offer telephone service and broadband internet. Eastlink also does
> > cable TV.
> >
> > I use Eastlink and I am happy with the service, speed and bandwidth. See
> > these threads on NSLUG for discussions of about the same question:
> >
> > http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?forum=21235&local=y&query=eastlink+aliant
> >
> > cheers
> > Oliver

*           Eugene Cormier             *
*          Acadia University           *
*        www.eugenecormier.com         *
*       eugene.cormier at gmail.com       *
*       DEN 152, (902) 585-1329        *
*    Classical Guitar, Guitar Class,   *
*    Guitar Ensemble, Prelim. Rud.     *