[nSLUG] Good DSL Providers In NS...?

Michael Lauzon mlauzon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 09:03:42 AST 2008

Oliver,

Well, if I was to go for Eastlink, it would be only for Cable TV, as I
am not impressed with the Traffic Shaping that the cable companies do
when it comes to getting Internet access through them.

There has got to be more than Aliant for DSL, as Aliant is a Bell
company and Bell is not playing pretty with BitTorrent or any other
P2P application.

Michael

On Jan 28, 2008 4:01 PM, Oliver Doepner <odoepner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Lauzon wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a good DSL provider in NS, that does not do
> > download/upload caps, etc?
>
> As far as I know we have two broadband monopolies in NS:
> - Eastlink for cable
> - Aliant for DSL
>
> Both offer telephone service and broadband internet. Eastlink also does
> cable TV.
>
> I use Eastlink and I am happy with the service, speed and bandwidth. See
> these threads on NSLUG for discussions of about the same question:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?forum=21235&local=y&query=eastlink+aliant
>
> cheers
> Oliver

Sincerely,