[nSLUG] Anyone Have An Extra: Monitor (CRT), Keyboard, Mouse?

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:36:24 AST 2008

This summer past my nephew, with no knowledge of Linux and mostly
just gaming experience with computers, wanted a Linux install
to help with what he believed was better performance from
bittorrent.  I gave him a CD of Ubuntu.  I expected to be called
for help while I visited family there, but next thing I
witnessed was him setting up firefox plugins for a movie
player - all on his own.

I suggest you just dive in and install it.  Perhaps take out a book
from the library
on Linux, if Internet access isn't available for a side by side
resource.  Then if you
bump into a problem, come back to the list and ask a question with
a specific context of problem and goal.  We are good at helping people
with that.