[nSLUG] Eastlink problems

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:19:25 AST 2008

I'm working OK now too.  That was a long outage.  I'd be curious as to what
had broke.  It seemed like a flaky router.  It was interesting to see how
freshclam behaved.  If run in daemon mode, the frequency and duration
of the timeouts, which locked the clamav database each time, caused
clamav to shutdown, and then mail backed up.  Fortunately at work they
run freshclam in cron mode, so it probably doesn't trigger that, although
I can't say for sure as the work place Eastlink connection continued to get
to places like debian.org and clamav.net which always timed out from home.

--Donald