[nSLUG] Domain / web host in Eastern Canada?

Ian Campbell ian at slu.ms
Sun Jan 27 12:45:24 AST 2008

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 12:33:29PM -0400, crackers wrote:
> You'll pay an arm and a leg for something like that in eastern canada.
> Possibly two arms and legs. I searched for similar before as well and ended
> up with a dedicated in the US as nothing in canada compared.

I second this. I'd go even further, that you'll pay an arm and a leg
for something like that in most of Canada. There seems to be a huge
disconnect between providers and reality as you cross the border. Some
people just haven't gotten the memo that it's not 1996 anymore.

When I read that article on Slashdot a couple days ago about hosting
for people concerned with privacy I immediately thought of Canadian
hosting and took a look out of curiosity. I found nothing even
comparatively priced, everything was somewhere from 1/3 to 3 times as
expensive.

Jon is right though, from your list of requirements, you seem well
into dedicated host land, or at least VPS.