[nSLUG] Linux jobs working from home

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Thu Jan 17 18:52:29 AST 2008

Mike Spencer wrote:
>>> "Egotistical Lazy No-Good  Team-A**hole wanted.  Prior Management-like
>>> abilities a plus. Knowledge-base negotiable"
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>  Hey, I think I'm qualified for this!
>>  Where do you get jobs like that?
>>

> You don't.  You first get a job requiring angelic people skills,
> demigod technical abilties and superlative mastery of written and
> spoken English.  You lie, cheat, obfuscate, suck up and/or blackmail
> as needed to accomplish this.
>
> Just before a Ton of S**t falls on you from a Great Height, you have a
> nervous breakdown, present a letter from your shrink and take a
> medical leave of absence.
>
> Upon your return to the workplace, the ToSfaGH is aborted because
> firing you would now be disability discrimination, opening your
> employer to a tedious and expensive lawsuit. So they then "promote"
> you to that "Egotistical Lazy No-Good Team-A**hole" position and Bob's
> yer uncle.
>

> And no, I have never done this.  But I've seen it done, with the
> result that, one or two at a time, about a dozen highly skilled,
> hard-working employees found other jobs and moved on before the
> employer finally noticed and found a way to terminate the nutcase.

Is this Business Administration 424?

Amazing how any development gets done at some companies.
Computer Science?  This is a business, not some computer experimentation
lab!

One place had 15 developers, three of which had a Comp-Sci degree and
remained
as maintenance code monkeys, while the other 12 BA graduates (whom were
in charge)
were busy creating descriptive job titles for each other.

:P