[nSLUG] network over WAN

Jeff Warnica jeff at coherentnetworksolutions.com
Mon Jan 14 13:17:00 AST 2008

Googling around I think that the current "best of breed" is Openswan
(http://openswan.org/) .. Its IPSec, so integrates with lots of other
products, from hardware to other OSs built in capabilities. There is a
book, too: http://safari.oreilly.com/1904811256

That said, given that you can buy integrated switch/vpn/firewall
hardware like a Cisco ASA 5505 for about $700, I would go with that.
For that matter, the little home router thingers may have various
point to point VPN abilities. Or contact your Internet provider and
see if they can just do some routing magic and it just be done with..
And/or lease one of these VPN boxes from them.