[nSLUG] Sun Sparc machines for sale

Baha Baydar bbaydar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:19:59 AST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 12:00 PM,  <nslug-request at nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
>  Today's Topics:
>
>    2. Re:  Sun Sparc machines for sale (Michael Crawford)
>

>  Message: 2
>  Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:54:25 -0800
>  From: "Michael Crawford" <mdcrawford at gmail.com>
>  Subject: Re: [nSLUG] Sun Sparc machines for sale
>  To: "Nova Scotia Linux User Group" <nslug at nslug.ns.ca>
>
>  On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 6:51 AM, Baha Baydar <bbaydar at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Hey Folks,
>  >
>  >  I have a collection of old Sun Sparc machines sitting around the
>  >  apartment. Before I tossed some ads up on kijiji/ebay I figured I'd
>  >  ask if anyone on here wanted any of them.
>
>  I'm interested - but I live in Silicon Valley now.  If they're very
>  big or heavy, shipping might be prohibitively expensive.
>
>  I'd like to have a Sparc box to enable Solaris and Sparc linux ports
>  of Ogg Frog (http://www.oggfrog.com/).  It's an audio application.
>  (As yet unreleased).  Do they have audio hardware?
>
>  Mike

Hi Mike,

I was thinking $50 for the SS20's, $75 for the Ultra1, and $100 for
the Ultra2's.

Shipping from NS to Cali would likely be in the $50-100 range so I
would suggest tracking on down locally. I'm sure they're common as
dirt in that area.

--
Baha Baydar                      http://www.hyperion.org
bbaydar at gmail.com           http://www.aztekrally.org