[nSLUG] Sun Sparc machines for sale

derek mahoney derekmahoe at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:47:32 AST 2008

Hey Daniel,

Just wondering what kind of price you had in mind for these.

From: daniel at bonmot.caDate: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:06:08 -0400To: nslug at nslug.ns.caSubject: Re: [nSLUG] Sun Sparc machines for saleI was gonna put it on eBay but I might as well post here first.

I have a mighty Sparc ... ummm Ultra 5 I think, the pizza box, with a big external case that can hold four SCSI drives.

I used it as a backup server (that is, all my systems did nightly backups to its disk array) for many years but last month I switched to using a "Blueberry" iMac.

It's got SunOS on the internal hard disk, boots and runs like a charm.   I think there's about 150G in the disk tower on three disks - could be less.

--
Daniel MacKay
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada