[nSLUG] laptop card reader

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Mon Feb 18 12:28:28 AST 2008

Hi

Looks like its detected.

If its a multiple card reader, there will be a device for each slot.
A 4 card reader will have these devices in /dev - sda, sdb, sdc, sdd
When a card is inserted, you should see a partition created
    check  ls -al /dev/sd*

Depending on the system, some auto mount, some will show the icon, which
you right click to mount and unmount.
As for the mount point directory, it will probably be /media/DeviceName
(ie.  /media/CameraName)

Check dmesg to see if it detected and assigned the devices.
Look for sd devices.

Also, if you run into permissions issues, check the group the devices
belong to.
In Slackware 12, its plugdev.   Just add your id to the group plugdev
and restart the messagebus.

Hope it helps
Rich