[nSLUG] Re Card Reader

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Thu Feb 14 14:36:07 AST 2008

Aaron Spanik wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 14:28:49 -0400
> Rich <budman85 at eastlink.ca> wrote:
>

> Do you have both the ub and usb-storage drivers built-in or loaded
> simultaneously as modules in your system?  There is apparently also
> something called "libusual" which can mitigate runtime conflicts
> between ub and usb-storage, which implies that the two tend to conflict.

Good call.  We were testing the device and such, but nothing was working.
Then I dug through the menus looking over the modules that were compiled,
and trying to find anything else.  They asked to remove the ub driver to
see if that would resolve it.  As I was about to, I saw the libusual
wan't set to
compile.  Enabled that and tried the kernel.  Bingo!  It not only worked,
but everything switched back to scsi devices - /dev/sdX and immediately
mounted the memory cards (both SD and SDHC) without a hitch.

Thanks.  I know it will be added to their usb driver check list now.
I also picked up some debugging tips.

I'm not sure if they can add a dep check, but hopefully this can be
picked up
by the config.  Just like usbmon, the libusual should always be compiled
into the kernel.

Thanks
Rich