[nSLUG] sudden shutdowns

Vikram Chhatre crypticlineage at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 12:52:52 AST 2008

Bill,

The system will shutdown even without plugging in the USB device.  This
is a front usb plug like you mentioned, and it has always worked fine.
My printer is always plugged in there and has been working fine until
this problem started.  Now that you mention this, it occurs to me that
of the two usb plugs, only the lower one works, I have never been able
to get the upper one working.

86F was without load, not sure how much it is in the X?  The shutdown
must have happened sometime in the night, because when I woke up, the
machine was off.  Then I tried powering it up and it would shutdown in a
couple of minutes every time (even when usb key wasn't plugged in).   No
other action on my part other than plugging in the usb key would trigger
this event.

Vikram