[nSLUG] Frequent hang ups

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Sun Feb 3 23:34:33 AST 2008

Hi,

I was thinking about heat - when was the last time you cleaned the heat
sink under the cpu fan?
Can you check the temps of the case and cpu?

I had problems that were caused by not enough power.  I had 300w power
supply, but that was not enough for what I was running.
Multiple hard drives will suck power - when I upgraded to a 500w - no
more lockups.
Also, I try to keep the cpu case cool by adding more fans and keep the
heat sink clean.
If you took the heat sink off, did you add any silica white grease to
the cpu before securing the heat sink?

That may help.

Rich