[nSLUG] Eastlink cable modem access

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Sat Feb 2 10:57:20 AST 2008

What cable modem model are you using?
Is it Motorola Surfboard SB5101 ?

If not, time to call Eastlink support.
They will set you up with a new modem.

Everything you are explaining, I went through a few months ago.
My connection speed was getting slower than if I were connected at 2400
baud, and this was cable.
I was running checks on all my wiring and other hardware.
I think 10.x is the internal address the modem defaults to when the
external interface is not active.
Disconnect from Eastlink and reset the modem to see what the factory
default is.

My old one was working sporadically, kept dropping every once in a while.
After showing them logs of the drops, and having them trace the account
for a week or two.
One of the young Einstein's asked - "What modem are you using?"

Thats when I found out about the "Fix when it breaks" replacement policy.
My response, it would of been nice to know that if we see any issues to
contact them. duh!
Instead they would rather get their name tarnished for poor performance.
Go figure.

Rich