[nSLUG] hp external dvd burner

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Thu Dec 25 10:53:44 AST 2008

rejean chamberland wrote:
> Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Here is a blurry picture of the
> chord that I have  and you can see that it is definitely not a
> standard power chord.
>
> http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chordas5.jpg

Leave it to HP to make life difficult. :)

I don't think you'll be able to pick that up at any local store.
You may be able to order from someone that sells HP products.

Here is a site that sells just the replacement cord:

8121-0840       - POWER CORD (BLACK) - 120VAC, 1.8M (5.9FT) LONG - HAS
STRAIGH   $10.45 (US)
http://www.encompassparts.com/products/?8121-0840

If the adapter is bad, you may need to replace it.

Q2109-61230  - Hewlett-Packard Ac Adapter (12V/ 2.5A/ 30W) with Power
cord  reg $65 on sale$40 US
http://www.impactcomputers.com/hewlett-packard--hp--ac-adapters-12v-ac-adapters.html

You might find them on eBay as well, now you have the part numbers.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays  :)

Rich