[nSLUG] hp external dvd burner

rejean chamberland laudire2you at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 24 14:07:29 AST 2008

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Here is a blurry picture of the chord that I have  and you can see that it is definitely not a standard power chord.

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chordas5.jpg

When I go to Sydney I'll take it with me. Thanks George for all the info about the drive itself.
Now if I may I have a few more questions;
1. I meant to move an internal DVD burner from my Linux machine into my  wifes's ( Penthium III, 1 Ghz, 700 Mb of RAM ) running Win XP and use the external drive on my own machine. I tried it this morning ( as I had forgotten that I had done so last year ) but her computer tells me that the hard drive failed no matter if I put the DVD drive in as a primary slave or a secondary drive or if I put it on the other ribbon. I cannot have 2 hard drives either. The only thing that works is one hd and a cd burner.  Why?
Thanks in advance.