[nSLUG] hp external dvd burner

rejean chamberland laudire2you at yahoo.ca
Tue Dec 23 19:38:25 AST 2008

Hi everyone!
Someone gave me a hp dvd writer dvd630e ( external  drive ) several months ago. I told her that I didn't have time then but that I would eventually see if I could make it work.
I didn't noticed it at the time but it came with the usb cable and the AC adaptor that connect into the drive but the chord going from the wall to the adaptor is missing.
The drivers are missing but I can get them online unless I don't need them running Linux. . Since the dvd drive looks in such a good shape it would be sad not to be able to use it.
Could someone tell me how I should go about trying to get the missing chord? It has 2 male ends and the one connecting to the adaptor as 3 prongs (?) in the kind of a heart shape. I could send a picture if someone need it.
Thanks in advance and have a nice holiday season everyone.
Rejean