[nSLUG] Organizing regular meetings

Sissiboo sissiboo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 23:38:55 ADT 2008

Luke Gavel wrote:
> Hmmm.  I keep thinking everyone always meets somewhere on the Dalhousie Campus, like in the 'math' building where the Cbebucto NOC used(?) to be, or the nearby Killiam Library.  Sorry if I'm horribly out of date, the last time I was in the Chebucto nerve center was in 1998 or so.  And I'm fixated on Dal cuz I always wanted to go for classes there, but I kept getting gainfully employed, so that got in the way. :-)
>
> Where the heck is Maxwell's, and when?  What do I need to bring other than my tired little noggin?
>

> --- On Thu, 8/28/08, William Lachance <wrlach at gmail.com> wrote:
  <snip>

Here's a part of the problem about no regular meetings: if this was the
Halifax, or even the HRM Linux users group, I could see sensible debate
about where to meet, but as it is the Nova Scotia linux users group, I
can't see getting much representation from the rest of the province on
more than a monthly basis.

Don't mean to sound grumpy here, but if I come in from Mount Uniacke, I
don't give much of a rat's ass where the meeting is, so long as there is
sufficient parking and fresh coffee.

Sissiboo