[nSLUG] Re: FreeCiv was: Re: The tide turned in Armdale Cove...

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Thu Aug 28 21:48:29 ADT 2008

DavidP> I really like Civilization also.  I'm sure you guys heard of
DavidP> it, FreeCiv.  Why not play that?

I had that, then made the mistake of upgrading. In the newer (beta)
version I couldn't figure out how to get it to display in the
non-isometric map-tile style.  Since I had the DOS version, I just put
it aside.  One of these times -- winter, say -- I'll get back to it,
download a non-beta version and try again.

The possibility of playing with another real player appeals to me but
I've never done that since my game time usually turns out to be
random episodes between midnight and 4:00.

Haven't seen Civ III or IV.  Real Soon Now. :-)

- Mike

                                                           /V\