[nSLUG] The tide turned in Armdale Cove...

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Thu Aug 28 21:43:38 ADT 2008

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Mike Spencer wrote:

> Indeed so.  I made a script to fetch current satellite weather images
> from the CanGov site where the filenames are date- &
> time-based. Figuring out how compose the filename for the most recent
> image prior to present time, allowing for possible backup into
> previous day, month and year and for AST/DST roll-over was a pain and
> still fails once in, oh, 50 or so tries.

I was doing a similar thing a while ago and ended up writing a perl script
to do it from a cron job. This may or may not still work after EC's web
page shakeup, but you're welcome to take a prod at it:
http://www.fop.ns.ca/radarimg.pl.txt

Radar station names are hard coded to the ones for (if I recall correctly)
national radar, Atlantic Canada, and Halifax.

Cheers... Dop.