[nSLUG] Internet health, slow downloads?

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 08:48:55 ADT 2008

I've been experiencing slow downloads, disconnects, etc. from some
mirrors sites in Ontario and the US this week.  I suspect usage is
high due to the Olympics, but the following suggest that one major
network (SBC) is having problems:

<http://www.internethealthreport.com/>

The TeX Users Group just just preparing to release TeX Live 2008, so
all the mirror sites have to be updated and users will be getting
about 1GB
downloads for the new version.  I guess this is not the best timing,
but the new version needs to be available for the start of the
academic
year.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia