[nSLUG] Kubuntu

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Sat Aug 16 03:36:26 ADT 2008

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008, Sheldon Tower wrote:

> ./seamonkey-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libxpcom.so: cannot
>
> the file "libxpcom.so" is located in the directory where the seamonkey
> binary file is located (/usr/local/seamonkey), but the program can't find
> it. I get a similar error when I tried to install firefox, and tried to
> run the file "firefox-bin."

I guess you installed it direct from Mozilla rather than as a package from
Ubuntu? If so, edit /etc/ld.so.conf and add /usr/local/seamonkey and run
ldconfig. This will tell the system to look for libraries in
/usr/local/seamonkey as well as the default locations. You may need to add
more directories as you get further in.

Cheers... Dop.