[nSLUG] Kubuntu

Daniel Morrison draker at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 01:16:11 ADT 2008

Run 'seamonkey' and 'firefox', which are shell scripts that take care
of setting up the proper running environment.   You're not supposed to
run 'firefox-bin' or 'seamonkey-bin' directly. Normally the 'firefox'
scripts is symlinked into /usr/bin/, for example:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 33 2008-03-02 15:24 /usr/bin/firefox ->
/usr/lib/firefox-2.0.0.12/firefox*

On my (slackware) system, /usr/bin/seamonkey is it's own script (there
is no /usr/lib/seamonkey/seamonkey).

For fun, you could try:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/firefox /usr/lib/firefox-bin &

and similar for seamonkey, but I don't recommend it as a permanent solution.

-D.