[nSLUG] Kubuntu

Sheldon Tower shtower at eastlink.ca
Fri Aug 15 22:37:38 ADT 2008

Hi, I just installed Kubuntu 8.04 on my laptop. I tried to install
Seamonkey Internet Suite and it won't work. I was able to install the
program without any errors, but when I try to run the program from the
Konsole, nothing happens. If I try to run the binary file "seamonkey-bin"
I get the following error:

./seamonkey-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libxpcom.so: cannot

the file "libxpcom.so" is located in the directory where the seamonkey
binary file is located (/usr/local/seamonkey), but the program can't find
it. I get a similar error when I tried to install firefox, and tried to
run the file "firefox-bin."

./firefox-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libjemalloc.so:

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Sheldon