[nSLUG] MacOS was: Dell Inspiron 1525N w/ Ubuntu 8.04?

Ian Bezanson irb at ianbezanson.ca
Thu Aug 14 11:56:22 ADT 2008

Ouch... Windows comparison is a little harsh.  I'd maybe draw more of
a Solaris comparison.  I've been a long-time linux user and a user of
Mac since OSX first came out.  I will agree that some *nix-y features
are not as straighforward as they can be, but the basic command
structure is all in place (vs. Windows which has jack for useful
command-line features).

Anyhoo, I'm not going to argue too much here... I just flat-out
disagree with what you're saying.  I agree that OSX is "different" in
it's implementation of *nix, but honestly no more than Solaris :P

Just my two cents,

--
Ian Bezanson
irb at ianbezanson.ca