[nSLUG] Dell Inspiron 1525N w/ Ubuntu 8.04?

Ian Bezanson irb at ianbezanson.ca
Wed Aug 13 21:57:06 ADT 2008

Just to toss this in there.... OSX is based on BSD, so unless
software's an issue just run OSX instead :)

I've gone from years with OSX to 1 year with a Dell laptop running
several flavors of *nix, and back to OSX again a few months ago on a
shiny new MacBook and I've never been happier.  To be honest, having a
laptop with a solid backend that I don't have to spend hours/days
tweaking to maybe make everything work (my Dell was a nightmare)
certainly saves some strands of hair from prematurely greying...

I use vi daily and never had an issue with the keyboard, and OSX works
great with WIFI (on the contrary Wifi on my Dell was a disaster on all
distros other than Debian; as most new laptops'll be).  As for the
mouse buttons, when I first went Mac I never "got it", but you get
used to ctrl-clicking for the second mouse button pretty quickly, and
you can set up gestures through OSX.

Either way, I concur... get a MacBook and end your suffering.  They're
well worth the money!

--
Ian Bezanson
irb at ianbezanson.ca