[nSLUG] Dell Inspiron 1525N w/ Ubuntu 8.04?

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Wed Aug 13 15:27:00 ADT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 01:28:29PM -0400, Stephen Gregory wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 01:01:38PM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
>
> > on it successfully.  The only glitch is that Suspend (suspend-to-ram)
> > doesn't seem to work properly.  It goes to sleep but never wakes up, so
> > we need to do a hard reboot if that happens.
>
> Suspend to ram works on the D630 with the intel video.

sorry I hit send to soon. I meant to say that the Dell D630 does
suspend, so don't write off all Dells ability to suspend. One thing to
bear in mind is that driver versions can make a big difference. You
may need to use the non-free driver for suspend to work, or
alternatively you may need to use the free driver for suspend to
work. I do find it a little odd that Dell's Ubuntu equiped laptops
don't suspend properly.

--
sg