[nSLUG] hex or torx with pin in middle

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Fri Aug 8 02:20:53 ADT 2008

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, Mike Spencer wrote:

>> "Jailhouse 101:  How to survive in the slammer"

I'd like to see more of this - that's *real* hacking, if truth be told.

> I'm pretty sure I spotted some "jail screws" in the men's room on the
> 2nd floor of the Killam Library at Dal.  You know, round head but made
> originally to be the way a round slot head screw looks after you've
> mangled it trying to get it out.  I guess the student hobby of
> dismatling stalls and taking them away for further pranks isn't
> supported at Dal.  I don't think you can do those with a toothbrush
> and a lighter.

Sounds like some of the randominal screws that cyclists are familiar
with. MEC will happily sell you a set of hex keys, the smallest of which
can quite easily be filed to a rake.

> ObLinux: I just discovered that you can't use an alias known to the
> shell as an argument to find -exec.  Even find -exec csh foo doesn't
> seem to work (when foo is an alias known to the shell in which find
> runs.)  Somehow I expected find to execute arguments to exec in a
> subshell where aliases would be recognized.  Not that it's important.
> Always something yet to learn.

If you're talking about expansion, I think the only thing that has
priority is IO redirection - and even that can be overridden with
sufficient beating^Wbackslashes.

Cheers... Dop.