[nSLUG] hex or torx with pin in middle

Jim Haliburton jim at on-site.ns.ca
Thu Aug 7 14:05:06 ADT 2008

Hello:

The query regarding the hex (allen Key ) or Torx head screw with a centre
pin is indeed a security pin.

Princess Auto has sold 1/4" driver sets with a collection of various
allen and torx bits with centre holes.

Have a set myself that I got at Princess Auto in Dartmouth.

Now if you had served some time and smoked and used a toothbrush you
might know that softeneing the end of the toothbrush with your lighter
and pushing the softened end of the toothbrush against the head of the
screw would give you a temporary but very accurate tool.  Only defeated
by using Loctite on the threads.  The Loctite usually will allow it to
come loose with a metal bit, but not the plastic bit.  To bypas this you
apply the lighter to the screw head to soften the Loctite while using
your buddy's lighter to soften the toothbrush.

The above is an approximate excerpt from

"Jailhouse 101:  How to survive in the slammer"

Cheeky Jim

James A. Haliburton
On-Site Computer Services of Halifax
Suite 100, 25 Walton Drive
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada     B3N 1X6
Office/ Cell           : (902)499-5250
Home/After Hours : (902)477-8342
e-mail      : jim at on-site.ns.ca

Please avoid sending me MS Office attachments.   For an explanation see
this:
http://www.nothingisreal.com/dfki/no-word