[nSLUG] OT: what type of screwdriver fits IBM SCSI-SCA disk sleds?

Pat panoonan at eastlink.ca
Thu Aug 7 11:01:07 ADT 2008

Many tools, Hex, Torx, etc come with a "security" hole in it, an
electronics store should be able to help you

I used to sell them at House of Tools, but they have no branches out
here   They used to have a mailorder business though. ( They are similar
to busy bee, you may try there as well)
My wife may have them at Century Vallen in burnside   902 481-8869   (
Tools and safety supplies etc)
Need to know if it is metric or imperial, if it is a torx ( Star) or
hex   ( usually the common ones have been torx, that is why I am
mentioning them)
You may get stuck with a set

Pat

D G Teed wrote:
> The disk sled uses hex shaped screw shape (inside) ,
> with a raised dot in the middle so that a regular hex key will not go in.
>
> We've been drilling out the raised dot but this is getting ridiculous.
> There must be a real tool that fits it but what is the name of it?
> Does anyone know?
>
> --Donald

"Life's a Reach, Then You Gybe"