[nSLUG] Computer store

Ian Campbell ian at slu.ms
Sat Aug 2 17:39:53 ADT 2008

On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 04:57:31PM -0300, J. Paul Bissonnette wrote:
> Can any one recommend a computer store in Halifax. I think my
> motherboard is going bad.

Greenlyph is conveniently located if you're in/around south end
Halifax, but their selection (in my experience) isn't great... they'll
order stuff in for you, but you can order stuff yourself without the
markup. They also don't seem to have a very 'deep' inventory, seems
like every time I want something there, they're out of stock. Lesson
learned, call ahead.

MysteryByte was the only place in town carrying the motherboard I was
looking for a month or so ago. Their prices are reasonable and their
selection seems good, but they're not easy to get to. They're not
quite on the Rotary anymore (not that that was much easier to get to),
they're up the Bay road, near the Needs. It's not much further, but it
makes it harder to get to without a car.

Spectrum was the only place that had old ram when I was looking for
it. It's just off Spring Garden. Prices are kinda ... meh. I remember
thinking their hours were a little inconvenient, but that was a while
ago and I haven't checked since.

I've heard people say good things about Robotnik, but I've never
been.