[nSLUG] Re: Idea For a New Site

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Sat Apr 19 03:29:56 ADT 2008

Matt Chamberlain <chamberlain2007 at gmail.com> quoth:

> Recently on Facebook I've seen a LOT of groups...

What is this "Facebook" of which you speak? [1]

> So, my idea was to create a photo contest site.

Ideas are good.

> ...comments would be appreciated.
> Pardon if this is not the exact place....

Well, would it involve a lot of cool hacking in the Linux
environment?  Or just downloading some (hypothetical) Photo Contest
PHP/MySQL/Perl/Wiki Package and installing it on a server?

Less frivilously, more about the details of what your idea envisions
would be good.  For those of us that know neither "photo contest site"
nor "Facebook groups".

- Mike

[1] Okay, I'm a Luddite.  (But I'm using Linux aren't I?)  Anybody
    else think the Dilbert site has turned into PHB Advanced Media &
    Marketing Inc. as of Friday?

                                                           /V\